Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I feel good today. We had a good staff meeting this morning. My senior pastor wasn't there, and it worked out kind of well that he wasn't. He tends to dominate conversations even more than I do. Without him there, though, I shared a lot my thoughts and convictions about a more simple church. It was a very cool moment. There were some times where I definitely felt the Holy Spirit empowering me to speak. Donna and Larry also interacted with me. It wasn't just me preaching. It was a good discussion that I "led" in a sense. I wonder if our senior pastor will be upset that we had such a good meeting without him. I don't know for sure, but I hope not. I'm excited for all that God is doing amongst our leaders right now.

I am preaching this Sunday. After reading the last two chapters of Dallas Willard's Renovation of the Heart, I have been inspired to trash my work up to this point in order to do a new sermon entirely. I'm physically tired right now and I don't really feel like working on it today. Tomorrow I hope to hammer it all out and then work on committing it to memory.

My son is getting bigger. Its truly amazing how fast infants grow. He is looking around a lot more. I can't wait until he smiles for the first time. He gives me so much joy.

No comments: