Monday, May 10, 2004

Wow. I just saw the movie "Elephant" by Gus van Sant. What a jacked up world we live in. It was so incredibly realistic that I almost vomited. I still feel a little queasy. It is a fictional account of a Columbine-type incident at an Oregon high school. What scares me most is that I am not shocked that humans behave like that. I would never want an event like that to happen again, but I'm almost positive that it will become more frequent as video games and music become more violent.

I am going to do everything that I can to help my son to not be a bully. The psychological abuse that these kids dealt with that finally pushed them over the edge is preventable. I long for the place where love rules. God, if You want to use Your sons and daughters to save this world, please do it quickly. It seems as if things are getting worse, and not better.

No comments: