Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Some of us at the ooze have been talking about a possible draft into the military. Actually, there has been a lot of political talk over there as of late. I'm not sure what I think about all of that. I saw today that Ralph Nader has 6% of the vote according to polls. I want John McCain to be our president. He has been a P.O.W. and he knows the horrors of war. If this whole mess is just Bush pursuing his own agendas, then McCain would get us out. If it is a worthy cause, then he will see the job through. But, admittedly, I don't know much about politics. And, when I am in doubt, I usually go with the Arizona connection.

Its funny how much I have grown over the past five months without realizing it. I can remember even one month ago, wondering if I was going to learn anything from some of the pain that Kim and I have gone through. Now, a purpose seems to be coming through from the smoke of the past. I believe I had a "grass is greener" type of attitude towards life outside of the institutional church. I had always struggled with completely writing off the I.C. as something that was wrong. I have many friends and others whom I greatly respect who are involved, after all. I still see a lot of the warts, but I also see a lot of potential. My hang up with people being paid for ministry has lessened greatly. Why didn't I question whether or not it was ok for anyone to profit on anything that they are paid for. It turns out, if there are people willing to pay me to do what I do, it may not be as unethical as I once thought. Granted, some people make WAY too much money for "ministry". But making a salary akin to a school teacher is not as greedy as I once thought.

I think that more than anything, if this ministry gig works out, I will pay closer attention to my time management. It has been said that people on a salary (as opposed to commission or an hourly wage) are some of the laziest people in the world. "Why work harder, when working lighter pays the same way?" Without integrity, a salary can be a dangerous thing.

No comments: