Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Well, it is now official. I am the new associate minister at Gilbert Christian Church in Gilbert, AZ. Right now, I don't have a salary, but I am praying and seeking out friends and colleagues to help with that. I am very excited. While working on a DVD for some of my former students, I found myself missing being involved in their lives very much. Now, I could just volunteer at the local megachurch, but then I would be ignoring the calling that I feel towards GCC. It's odd, six months ago I would have never thought to do vocational ministry again. Now, I feel positive that God has called me back into it.

I am so excited about so many things. I am excited to start new relationships. I'm excited to see God change lives. I'm excited to see God provide for my family in a serendipitous kind of way. It feels good to have a more focused purpose. I understand that my general purpose is to give glory to God. But this feels wonderful. I hope that I will remember this conviction when times get tough again. I am sure that they will, and I must use more than my emotions to ride out the storm. He will be with me again. I love Him!

No comments: